Monday, July 18, 2011

Jealousy, envy and prayer

Jealousy, envy and prayer...I have found myself praying a lot lately for a couple of the people in my life that I love and for myself. This is not a bad thing however I think that feeling sorry for myself is. I can't elaborate on things going on in my life right now for privacy issues however there is something. Due to the fact that I can't talk about it I'm sure that this post will be as clear as mud so I apologize ahead of time.

As I internalize, pray and ask for guidance through this thing in my life I find myself envious and jealous of others. I see others that have what I have always desired, those who seem to be living the dream. I know...the grass is always greener but it is tough to get past that stupid saying. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and I am thankful. I also love going to church on Sunday and the feeling that it brings to my soul, but lately I have been fighting back the tears during mass. It is strange but the last few sermons seem to be about me...Is God talking to me through Father? So I pray...

I don't ask a lot of the people in my life.. I never have.  I don't want to be selfish, so the majority of my praying is going towards the others affected by this thing.. because they mean the world to me and their happiness means more to me than myself. However I am reaching out to you now. I am asking whoever reads this blog to pray for me and my family. God knows the details....

“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

1 comment: