Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin muffins of love

And so it begins.... Fall and baked goods! I realize that you can buy cans of pumpkin year around to make all of the different yummy treats possible, but it just isn't the same. It would kind of be like having a Christmas tree in May. It would still smell great and look pretty but it wouldn't be Christmas now would it? I made pumpkin muffins for a bake sale and the drop off ended up getting canceled. Shucks! Oh what ever will we do with a dozen pumpkin muffins?? This weekend I am making pumpkin cookies with icing.. I am so glad that with Fall weather also comes baggy clothing. Did I mention that I love pumpkin? Oh... how about chocolate chip pumpkin cookies? Chocolate and pumpkin? I say yes!



Now please notice the raisin's in the picture, only three muffins actually got the raisin treatment. I am not a fan of raisin's baked into things, however Barry loves them so I made the extras for him. The recipe also calls for nuts so please feel free to add them if you wish. Oh how about chocolate chips in my muffins next time? ( Please notice the placement of Tupperware in my picture...even the lovely microfiber towel is Tupperware) Gratuitous: Please come visit this website: www.my2.tupperware.com/sarahbrumfield


In a large (Tupperware) bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Please note that I do not have the best camera in the world. It will serve it's purpose for now..


Stir to blend in a separate bowl, pumpkin (yummy), melted butter, milk or half-and-half, the beaten eggs, sugars, and vanilla; mix until blended. Okay so now it really starts to get interesting.

Stir the pumpkin mixture of love into the dry ingredients until moistened. At this point you can fold in your raisin's and nuts... Oh ya or chocolate chips. Do not over mix.... Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liner or grease well and dust with flour. Now before you put them into the oven, and before they fill your house with that yummy aroma.... sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar!


Here are my completed pumpkin muffins of love! Or I guess I should say here WERE my pumpkin muffins of love. I think that next time I may add a 1/4 cup of applesauce to kick it up a notch.... Bam! and chocolate chips....The recipe is below just in case you want to give them a shot...
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 scant (really?) teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk or half-and-half
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • cinnamon/sugar for topping, 1/2 cup chopped pecans or raisins Optional

375 for 15 minutes and then feel the love!





No comments:

Post a Comment