Thursday, November 12, 2009

My current Obsession


First of all I LOVE to cook and I LOVE to bake I LOVE to take pictures and I LOVE my family. So needless to say I am in love with The Pioneer Woman . I know that there are tons of recipes and tons of websites, but none even come close to measuring up to Ree's. I call her Ree because we are tight like that, okay we have never met.... HOWEVER I will be meeting her on Monday! She is currently on on a book signing tour for her cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks and she will be in Kansas City. If any of you are looking for Christmas gifts for the cookers in your life then look no further. And if you want to meet her then call Rainy Day Books (913) 384-3126 and see if there are any reservations left. The afternoon session is sold out (200) but the one that I am going to on the plaza still has tickets available. They will also be giving out prizes! Win, win situation to me...

The recipes all have pictures... Can I hear and AMEN? I have an unhealthy love for cookbooks and if they do not have pictures then there is a pretty good chance I won't purchase it. The pictures in her book serve these purposes to me.

~ I know what I am going to sink my teeth into at the end of the cooking journey
~ I know if I royally screwed it up
~ Easy to follow directions
~ And because I like pictures

I am going to make her cinnamon rolls to give as gifts to my friends around Christmas. I'll make sure to let you know how they turn out. And if you are on my nice list you will get to taste them first hand!

Did I mention that I am excited to meet the Pioneer Woman? Excuse me, my BFF Ree!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this :) I got her cookbook & read it cover to cover...it's awesome! I wanted to meet her in KC, but couldn't make it work, darn! Your daughter is beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete