Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Recipe

Be prepared to eat at least 4-5 pieces before you let anyone else near the cake. Consider yourself warned.... It is moist, delicious and makes me think of my mom and the wonderful little town that I grew up in. When I was there I couldn't wait to get out, and now I think back about how truly peaceful it really was. Football games on a Friday night ARE better in a small town. When everyone that drives by you waives it WILL cheer you up on a bad day. 5 am on a Saturday is NOT early when you know that you will be spending all day with your dad spending quality time shooting at some birds. Freshman year in high school IS better when you find out that your big brother who always picks on you is your best friend and protector. Appreciate what you have on a daily basis and thank you for listening to my warm fuzzy memories. Oh and enjoy the cake!


If you use an airbake sheet cake pan it take about five minutes longer (per mom)

Mix:
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 can pumpkin

~mix the above and set aside

Mix:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda

Mix together all of the dry ingredients ( I use my mixer on low ) then add the wet ingredients. DO NOT GREASE THE PAN. Now pour the mixture into your sheet cake/jelly roll pan. Put in a pre-heated 350 degree oven. Bake for 25-30 min, but please do yourself a favor and check at 25 minutes because nobody likes an overcooked cake. I use the good ol' toothpick trick to make sure it comes out clean just like mom.

Frosting:
Room temperature 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature 1/2 cup oleo (margarine), 1 tsp vanilla. It may take two or more cups of powdered sugar..go slow as you beat it together. The longer you beat the creamier it gets. Put it on a COOLED cake

No comments:

Post a Comment