Monday, October 18, 2010

Pioneer woman's rolls

My friend Megan and I read the Pioneer woman's blog at lot. I go there at least twice a day to make sure that I don't miss anything and one of these days I will win something! Anyway.. on Sunday we decided to make her cinnamon rolls and her chocolate chip sweet rolls. Both recipes use her sweet roll dough so we had that all figured out. HOWEVER we went back and forth about how many rolls that one batch of dough makes. Just so that you know one batch of dough makes TWO batches of rolls. Of course we didn't know that and made two batches of dough which of course makes FOUR batches or rolls. Needless to say we now have 22 pans of rolls between the two of us. It is guaranteed that if you see me in the next two weeks you will get a pan of these yummy morsels.


The above picture is the beginning stages of a very messy kitchen ( I love Megan's counter tops )
Here is my first attempt at rolling up the dough... Next time I will put the dough in the fridge overnight to make it easier to handle. The flippin' stuff kept rising as I was rolling. Load of crud I tell ya!

This is my friend Megan... Her heart is as beautiful as she is..


This is the start of a very good thing. The chocolate chip sweet rolls will make your toes curl and your eyes roll back into your head.


Megan's son Owen helped as well. Babies make my alarm clock go off because I am way past the ticking. Here are a couple of other little one's that make my alarm sound as well. Oh Lord help me!

Here are the finished Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting. My lips thank you Mr. Cinnamon roll, but my thighs and buttocks do not. Did I mention if you see me soon that these will be yours? Oh please take them my friends.... (my thighs and buttocks will thank you.. oh and so will Mr. Tummy)

Did I mention that we made 22 pans??????????
If you would like the recipes please go HERE for the cinnamon rolls and HERE for the chocolate chip sweet rolls. And she used to cook them at 400 but now she does 375, which worked perfect for us! Please grab a friend and make a play date to make these rolls. You will thank me... I promise!






1 comment:

  1. Yum! Ok - and about that ticking you mention, you know how to get babies, right? It's kind of fun. Really, try it.

    ReplyDelete